Welcome to Mr. Chase’s Technology Education class. This classroom has been designed to give students the opportunity to explore many different areas of Business & Technology. Business & Technology learning stations (modules) have been developed with a self-directed set of instructions for each station.
Business & Technology Education is an instructional program that provides students with daily, hands on experiences that enable them to focus on becoming technologically literate, become active problem solvers, explore career opportunities, explore business software and identify the educational avenues in which to pursue their interests.
Below is a list of modules that the students are able to choose from to acquire points.
1st/3rd Quarter Business Education
- General Computer Knowledge & Windows Operating Systems
- Work/Business Philosophies & Ethics
- Graphic Arts/Digital Camera/Scanner/Computer Animation
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Multimedia Presentations/Communication
- Microsoft Word: Written Communication
- Microsoft Publisher: Desktop Publishing/Communication
- (If Time Allows) Microsoft Excel: Database/Spreadsheet/Graphs
2nd/4th Quarter Technology Education
- Rockets… and the science behind them. (Construction, Manufacturing, Physics of motions, Measurement & Math.)
- Research & Design in Transportation (Car & Truck Builder, Egg-Crash Test Vehicle, Mouse-Trap Racer, Wind & Solar Power Racers)
- Research & Design on Structures & Bridges (West Point Bridge Design, Structural Engineering Design, Balsa Wood Truss Bridge Design & Build Challenge)
- Structural Engineering Of Buildings Design Challenge (Computer-Aided Design (CAD) using 3D Home Architect –designing the floor plan of a house and calculating construction costs)
- Career Cruising (Career Search utilizing CareerCruising.com)
- Flight/Aviation - Aerospace Technology (Basics of flight & Aerospace Science, Flight simulation with Flight Simulator software, Whirly Bird Design & Build challenge…Propeller on a stick)