Highline Schools Foundation
The Highline Schools Foundation was established in 1999 with the purpose of raising funds, gathering resources and building partnerships that support the students in Highline Public Schools.
Since the Foundation’s inception—it has raised over $9,000,000 to support a number of programs including:
- Excel and Impact Grants: supports classroom innovation and provides teachers resources they need to help our students be successful.
- Project PROMise™: collects new and gently worn formal dresses and gown, shoes and accessories and invites students in need to go shopping for the perfect dress and accessories for prom.
- Project N.O.W. (Nutrition on Weekends): supports students who are food insecure by providing them with a free backpack full of food to take home each weekend.
- Funding for Athletics Participation: supports participation fees for students who cannot afford them so that they can participate in their school’s athletic program.
- Funding for Musical Instruments and arts programs: supports Music4Life™ which acquires musical instruments, supplies, and resources and provides them to students in Highline Public Schools who cannot afford to purchase or rent an instrument.
The Foundation is governed by a dedicated group of volunteer Trustees, and is the only 501(c)(3) organization supporting all schools in our District.
Some of our fundraising efforts include:
- Gold Star Awards Event: a breakfast that brings our community together to honor each year’s Outstanding Teacher, Alumnus, Administrator, Volunteer, and Classified Employee.
- Oktoberfest Dinner & Dance: A Bavarian Style festival complete with great food, music and a fun and lively auction to support our schools.
- STIA Golf Tournament: Sponsored by the volunteer employees of HMS Host and the Port of Seattle, this charity event has contributed over $1,000,000 to fund scholarships and programs for Highline students.
- Brat Trot and Bavarian Fest: this community 5K and 1 mile runs are spirited ways to bring the family out in support of the district.
- CAUSEmopolitan: a sophisticated evening event featuring the opportunity to support numerous programs of Highline Schools Foundation.
- Annual Employee Giving Campaign: this campaign is conducted in conjunction with United Way, and is designed to bring increased attention to our classroom grants and scholarship programs.