The Highline Schools Foundation was established in 1999 with the purpose of providing community resources to help all Highline Public Schools succeed.
Since the Foundation’s inception—it has distributed over $1,100,000 throughout the district in the form of:
- Grants for teachers
- College Scholarships and College readiness programs
- Funding for Athletics participation
- Funding for musical instruments and arts programs
- Support for the district’s McKinney-Vento program serving homeless students
The Foundation is governed by a dedicated group of volunteer Trustees, and is the only 501c3 organization supporting all schools in our District.
Some of our fundraising efforts include:
- Gold Star Awards Event—a fundraising event that brings our community together to honor the year’s Outstanding Teacher, Alumnus, Administrator, Volunteer, and Classified Employee.
- Project PROMise—a community outreach event the provides new and gently used prom dresses to students in our district in need. Complete with personal shoppers, accessories, and alterations—this event brings smiles to all who participate!
- Oktoberfest Dinner & Dance—A Bavarian Style festival complete with great food, music and a fun and lively auction to support our schools.
- STIA Golf Tournament—Sponsored by the employees of HMS Host and the Port of Seattle, this charity event has contributed over $500,000 to fund scholarships and programs for Highline District students. Great golf and food, too!
- Brat Trot and Cove to Clover 5K—These two community fun-runs are spirited ways to bring the family out in support of the district.
- Sustaining Sponsorships—our “Shooting Stars!”—is an elite group of donors who pledge to support all of the work of the Foundation over an extended period of time.
- Annual Employee Giving Campaign—this campaign is conducted in conjunction with United Way, and is designed to bring increased attention to our classroom grants and scholarship programs.