Highline Public Schools Transportation Department employs top-notch professional drivers and bus monitors. School bus drivers must be able to relate well with children, be reliable, and punctual.
Our training department will assist with acquiring the proper School Bus Authorization, S, and P1 endorsements as required by the State of Washington.
We offer professional free unpaid training by certified instructors. The training results in your being able to take and pass your CDL Class B driving test, with School Bus Authorization, S and P1 endorsements, with the State Department of Motor Vehicles using our vehicles. Commercial driver training programs charge several thousands of dollars for similar programs.
We are a proud group of drivers, operating a quality, well maintained fleet
How to Apply:
- Driving a school bus requires a Class “B” Commercial Drivers License School Bus Authorization, with S, and P1 endorsements.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must be 22 years of age with a minimum of 3 years driving experience. Must have an excellent driving record and no suspension or revocation of your driving license within the past 5 years.
- Must be able to read a map, learn school locations, follow routing directions and complete paperwork.
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test, D.O.T. physical, alcohol and drug tests, FBI and WSP background checks.
Training Sessions Include:
- Visit our Employment page, search for job openings and follow the directions.
- For more information contact our Driver Trainer via email, or call 206.631.7541.
- Drop in at our Main Office and visit the Human Relations desk located at 15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW, Burien, WA. Ask for an employment packet and job bulletin.
- Minimum 40 hours classroom work
- Minimum 20 hours behind the wheel
- Must be flexible as class days and hours may change
- Must wear appropriate clothing, slacks, jeans, shirt and shoes. Shoes must be non-slip and must completely cover the foot.
- Classes are free (commercial training classes can cost thousands of dollars) but unpaid.
- Additional costs for licensing, physicals, background checks, and other fees are borne by the applicant. (Cost of credentials may be reimbursed.)
- Pass job specific work assessment test.