Staff | Rights & Responsibilities
Staff have the right to:
- Work in an orderly and safe environment.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Receive cooperation from students and parents/guardians.
- Feel safe, engaged, and continuously supported with professional development as successful and culturally responsive educators.
- Receive the necessary resources to deliver quality instruction.
Staff have the responsibility to:
- Play a role in creating a culturally accepting environment by being responsive to sharing their culture and learning about other cultures in the school community.
- Model professional standards of behavior, including ensuring that interaction with students is respectful and caring.
- Maintain high expectations for all students.
- Attend work daily, be punctual, and use well-planned, creative, and engaging instructional plans every day.
- Engage students in defining classroom-specific expectations and rules that elaborate on the District and school expectations.
- Teach expectations early each school year and review them with students throughout the school year, including an orientation process for new students.
- Collaborate with their teams and the full staff in developing and implementing school and classroom plans.
- Utilize responses that address the needs of the student who do not meet student conduct expectations, those people directly affected by the behavior, and the school community.
- Communicate regularly with the families of their students.
- Identify students who are struggling with academic, attendance, or behavior issues and participate in problem-solving to resolve those issues.
- Provide makeup work for students with excused absences, including those students who are absent for disciplinary reasons.