Students | Rights & Responsibilities
Students have the right to:
- An orderly and safe learning environment.
- Courtesy and respectful treatment.
- A quality education with clear, challenging learning goals.
- Positive behavior reinforcement and appropriate correction when conduct does not meet expectations.
- Equal access to classes, services, and extracurricular activities.
- Equal treatment in the enforcement of school rules and due process.
- Help in the classroom and support from the school as a whole.
- The opportunity to reconcile a wrong and a second chance to exhibit appropriate behavior.
Students have the responsibility to:
- Model positive behavior and be active leaders of school culture.
- Treat teachers, administrators, staff, other students, themselves, and property with respect.
- Take responsibility for their learning and behavior and hold themselves to high standards of achievement and conduct.
- Follow school and classroom expectations and rules.
- Come to school every day, on time, and ready to learn as participating members of the school community.
- Comply with appropriate requests from school staff.
- Participate in problem-solving of individual and school concerns.
- Report serious violations of safety and security to a teacher or other adult at school.
- Practice self-discipline.