In order to provide the best possible physical environment for learning and teaching, the following factors shall be considered in the planning of district facilities:
1. Facilities shall accommodate the educational needs of students and be consistent with the educational philosophy and instructional goals of the district.
2. Facilities shall meet or exceed all health, safety and welfare regulations.
3. The district shall seek state and federal funds to the maximum extent available to supplement its own financial resources.
4. Undesirable environmental impact shall be minimized.
5. The district shall monitor changing demographic factors in order that it may meet students' needs when the future becomes the present.
6. The district shall follow developments in the state cost stabilization program when they are compatible with the district's educational goals and promise significant savings to the district.
Highline School District 401
Adopted by the Board: August 1984