Each phase of the design of a construction project utilizing state matching funds shall follow appropriate state regulations and procedures. These will include, but not be limited to:
1. Selection of Architects or Engineers: The superintendent is directed to establish necessary procedures to solicit, screen and select qualified engineers and architects. All contracts for architects and engineers must be approved by the superintendent.
2. Developing Educational Specifications: The professional experience and judgment of the staff shall be used in developing educational specifications. Special attention shall be given to accessibility by students of both sexes and students with disabilities. A new or remodeled facility or part of a facility shall be readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities.
3. Energy Conservation: As a part of its commitment to energy conservation, the district shall consider the energy use implications in the construction, renovation, maintenance, and operation of all physical plants.
4. Preparation of preliminary drawings within the approved budget incorporating the data included in the educational specifications.
5. Submission of design drawings with appropriate cost data sheets to assure that the design options are estimated to be within the projected cost.
6. Review of design plans by proper authorities for compliance with safety, health and fire code requirements.
7. Preparation of documents to enable the district to obtain construction bids.
8. Provision to obtain "as built" drawings for operation and maintenance purposes.
Highline School District 401
Adopted by the Board: August 1984
Revised by the Board: 02.93