Title I regulations require consultation with parents of Title I students. The objective is to ensure parents are informed of their child's progress and encouraged to assist in efforts to sustain that progress.
Procedures for involving parents in the Title I program are:
- Notify parents in a timely manner that their child has been selected to participate in a Title I program.
- Report on the child's progress to the parent during the second, third, and fourth grading periods.
- Conference with parents and the Title I/RAP teacher in grades K-6 during the first and third grading periods. Conferences at other times and for grades 7-12 will be held at the parent's or teacher's request.
- Annually provide materials and suggestions to parents to help them promote the education of their child at home.
- Conduct an annual meeting prior to April 1 of each year to hear parents' suggestions for the planning, development, and implementation of the Title I program.
- Inform parents about the Title I program during the fall open house activities at each building.
- Encourage volunteer participation by parents in school activities.
Highline School District 401
Adopted by the Superintendent: December 1991
Revised by the Superintendent: 01.96