1. The maximum speed limit on district property shall be ten miles per hour.
2. No person except a student, staff member, other employee of the Highline School District, visitor, person engaged in school or district business, or person attending an athletic contest or school or district activity shall park a motor vehicle on the grounds and driveways of any property of the Highline School District. Vehicles involved in a violation of this section, after fair warning, shall be subject to removal at the owner's expense.
3. No person shall operate or park a motor vehicle on the grounds and driveways of any property of the Highline School District in such areas or places designated by posted signs or markings indicating that operation or parking of motor vehicles is prohibited.
a. Parking upon parking lots of school grounds and other district property shall be within painted boundaries where such boundaries are provided.
b. "No Parking" areas shall include those areas with painted red curbing, painted yellow curbing (except to load and unload passengers), sidewalks, driveways, sidewalk approaches and fire lanes.
c. No parking shall be permitted within fifteen feet of any fire hydrant or fire alarm box.
4. No person shall bring on school property or other property of the Highline School District any vehicle which shall carry therein any container of intoxicating beverage, any harmful drug or substance of any weapon.
5. All vehicles owned, operated, parked or otherwise used on district property shall be properly registered according to the motor vehicle laws of the State of Washington. No vehicle shall be operated on district property by any person who does not have a valid drivers license to operate said vehicle.
6. Nothing herein is intended to discourage the legitimate use of or operation of motor vehicles on school properties.
7. Failure of any student or employee of the district to obey these regulations shall subject said person to appropriate administrative action, including, but not limited to, loss of privilege to operate or park a motor vehicle on district property and/or referral to the appropriate law enforcement agency. Violations by nonstudents and nondistrict employed persons shall be referred to appropriate police authorities for handling.
8. The building principal is authorized to establish additional rules from time to time as may be necessary to control the school parking areas and vehicle traffic.
Highline School District 401
Approved by the Superintendent: August 28, 1985