The following guidelines are provided to minimize the occurrence of situations in which staff members may incur liability for their acts with relation to students:
- Never leave a class of students unattended.
- Accompany a class wherever it is assigned and remain with the class until supervision is assumed by another responsible person.
- Do not permit students to use equipment in the classroom which has not been approved for school use.
- Do not permit students to use equipment until they have received operating instructions and prescribed safety procedures.
- Do not permit students to work in a shop, kitchen, or laboratory without qualified supervision.
- Report incidents of unsafe conditions and defective equipment to principal immediately.
- Ensure that proper safety gear is used wherever specified.
Highline School District 401
Adopted by the Superintendent: August 28, 1985