In conformance with state law, rules and regulations, principals shall be responsible for the total educational program in their buildings which include:
1. Implementing the district's prescribed curriculum and enforcing the procedures of the district, the state superintendent of public instruction and the state board of education, taking into due consideration individual differences among students, and maintaining and rendering appropriate records and reports.
2. Maintaining good order and discipline in school buildings and playgrounds at all times.
3. Holding students accountable for misconduct in school.
4. Requiring excuses from parents of minor students in all cases of absence, tardiness or early dismissal.
5. Giving careful attention to the maintenance of a safe and healthful atmosphere in the classroom, hallways and playground.
6. Giving careful attention to the safety of the student in the classroom and reporting any doubtful or unsafe conditions.
7. Providing for the evaluation of each student's educational growth and development and making periodic reports to parents and other administrators.
8. Supervising and evaluating all staff which is assigned to the building.
9. Making recommendations to the superintendent regarding appointment, assignment, promotion, transfer, probation or dismissal of all staff for which they have supervisory responsibility.
10. Submitting recommendations to the superintendent regarding the fiscal needs required to maintain and improve the instructional program for their attendance area.
11. Ensuring that the provisions of applicable collective bargaining agreements are followed.
12. Maintaining effective communications with student, parents and staff.
13. Monitoring the expenditure of all district and ASB funds.
14. Maintaining the equipment, facilities and grounds of the school plant.
Failure to carry out such requirements as set forth above shall constitute sufficient cause for discharge.
Highline School District 401
Adopted by the Board: April 1983
Revised by the Board: 06.04