Employees seeking to add a non-profit organization or approved political committee under Washington State or federal law (registered 501(c) 3 or 501(c) 4 organizations) to the list of approved payroll deduction organizations should use this process.
- Organizations should request approval from the Payroll Department prior to soliciting deductions
- To be approved, organizations must be either a non-profit organization or approved political committee under Washington State or federal law; must not promote illegal activities (for adults or students); must not promote discriminatory or racist viewpoints; and must align with the district’s policies and procedures
- Organizations must submit a form that includes:
- Organization’s name & mission
- Explanation of what the deductions will fund
- Organization’s status as a non-profit organization or approved political committee under Washington State or federal law, including tax ID number
- Employee name, address, employee ID number, the school or department where the employee works, the employee’s email address, and the amount to be deducted each pay period
- A minimum of ten (10) employees must request the deduction before the district will authorize deductions; organizations are requested to hold their forms until at least ten (10) have been submitted
- If the organization is approved, monthly deductions will be allowed, and will continue until either the employee asks for the deduction to stop, or until there are no more employees receiving the deduction.
Highline School District 401
Adopted by the Superintendent: August 2019