COVID Health & Safety Plan
Like school districts across the country, Highline Public Schools received funding through the federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Recovery Act (ESSER) to mitigate the impacts of the pandemic.
As ESSER 3 recipients, we are pleased to share our “Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan," also known as a Health and Safety Plan.
This plan addresses how Highline Public Schools will use ESSER funding to maintain the health and safety of students, families, and staff upon returning to in-person learning for the 2021-22 school year. Certain sections of this plan can serve as guidelines, of which each individual school will develop more detailed school safety plans applicable to each individual building's unique needs.
View further plan details in the link below:
This plan was developed in alignment with the following guidance:
- CDC: CDC K-12 School Operational Strategy (May 27, 2022)
- Washington DOH: K-12 COVID-19 Requirements for Summer 2021 and the 2021-2022 School Year (March 12, 2022)
- OSPI: Returning to School in 2021: Frequently Asked Questions
- PHSKC: Schools COVID-19 Response Toolkit (May 7, 2021)
- AASA: ED Releases Interim Final Rule On American Rescue Plan Funding
Our COVID Dashboard shows all reported staff and student cases, starting January 1, 2021.