Each family should have a plan for what to do if your child arrives home early due to an emergency situation, including the following:
- Is your child prepared with warm clothing, including gloves, hats and boots, if it is winter weather?
- What is the best route home if your child cannot be delivered to the normal bus stop?
- Where could they go if they needed help?
- Who would care for them until you arrive?
- If you are not available, is there someone your child knows to call if they are upset or afraid?