Here is a look at the 2020-21 school calendar. These dates and breaks are reflected in our website calendar.
The calendar will be final after HEA members vote on it in August. At this time, we do not anticipate changes.
A year-at-a-glance calendar is now available for download.
School Breaks and Days to Note
- Family Connection Days* - September 3, 4, 8
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7
- First day of instruction - Wednesday, September 9
- No Student Day - Friday, November 6
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Break - November 26-27
- Winter Break - December 21-January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Monday, January 18
- Mid-winter Break - February 12-15
- No School - Friday, March 19
- Spring Break - April 12-16
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31
- Last Day of School - Wednesday, June 16
- Emergency Make-up Days** - June 17-30
* We are beginning the year with Family Connection Days to maximize preparedness and opportunity to connect with families before the first student instruction day. Meetings will last 15 to 30 minutes.
Schools will reach out to schedule your Family Connection meeting. During these meetings families and students will connect with their child’s teacher (elementary) or advisory instructor (secondary). Families and students will share information about their strengths and needs and supports they may need.
** Emergency Make-up Days (if needed) per OSPI recommendation
Updated September 1 - Included more information on Family Connection Days and linked to the year-at-a-glance view.
Updated - August 10: Added No Student Day on November 6 and extended Emergency Make-up Days through July 30, per OSPI recommendation.