Tour the Old School, See the New School Design
You are invited to bid farewell to the 1924 version of Highline High School and see the plans for the new school opening in fall 2021.
Come to the open house between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 18. Cookies and coffee will be served. A collection of memorabilia will be available to view.
We will take a photograph of all alumni present in front of the north wall at 3:00 p.m,. as well as other photographs as requested, which will be available online.
Main areas of the school will be open for touring, such as the gym, library, cafetorium and a classroom in the oldest wing.
The farewell event will feature:
- Self-guided Tour with a Pirate Treasure Map
- Display of HHS historical items on loan from the Highline Heritage Museum & individuals
- Current HHS student artwork
- Yearbook display
- Main gym
- Spirit gear for sale by the HHS Booster Club and Key Club
- Sale of surplus ASB items
- Photobooth with HHS props & Captain Highline mascot
- Yearbook sale
- Several classrooms near the library will be open
- Coffee & cookies (thanks to Classic Eats, B-Town Blog, Ohrt Real Estate Group and Starbucks)
- Displays of the new Highline High School design
- A chance to sit and chat with old friends and share memories
- Parking Information: We anticipate a high volume of pedestrian traffic around all parking areas. Please drive slowly and carefully. Parking will be available in the following locations.
- Street parking in front of the school
- Parking lot west of the school/gym
- Parking lot east of the Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- Parking lot north of the PAC, across 152nd Street
- Handicap-accessible parking spots are located in each parking area, but may be in high demand. We recommend carpooling if possible and using the drop-off zones in front of the Performing Arts Center or the cafeteria. Please do not park in the drop-off zones.
- Stadium: A track and field event is scheduled all day at Memorial Stadium, so parking may be limited in the stadium/Moshier Field lot. The stadium will not be available for tours due to the track and field event. Memorial Stadium and the Performing Arts Center are not part of the 2016 bond projects.
If you are interested in helping with the event, wish to donate cookies or have memorabilia to share, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Day of School Community Celebration
The public is also invited to attend a celebration on the last day of school, June 25 at 10:15 a.m.
Construction Project Begins in July
Construction contractor Skanska will take over the site in July and begin the process of salvage and demolition. The main entry will be rebuilt with the original terracotta.