Project Update | Highline High School
2020 Rings in With New High School Under Construction
Site cameras captured construction progress at Highline High School during the first week of January 2020.
- The south classroom wing is growing and includes three floors.
- The walls of the new gym are up.
- Two wood-framed columns rise in the center of the site to form a proscenium arch, which will frame the stage for the school theater.
- Crews began pouring and smoothing the concrete pad for the north wing of the new school.
- Work continues to move from the southeast corner of the site to the northwest corner.
The new high school is on target to open in September 2021.
You can find an online archive of project photographs on the HHS bond project page under "Progress Photos."