Shape your tomorrow by choosing your path for the 2024-25 school year today. Whether through maritime studies, aerospace exploration, virtual learning, or your neighborhood school—students and families have choices. The application window for most of Highline’s Schools and Programs of Choice is now open. Explore, learn more and apply!
Get a taste of your high school options at a High School Transitions Event on December 13. Plus, save the date for an upcoming school-specific information session or tour to learn more about schools and programs you can apply to.
Find a program that’s the right fit? Apply now through January 31, 2024.
- Schools and Programs of Choice require an application.
- Learn more by attending our December High School Transitions Event or a school-specific information night.
- For most schools, the application window to attend in the 2024-25 school year is October 2, 2023 - January 31, 2024 (closes at 11:00 p.m.). Application timelines vary for PSSC, Innovation Heights, Highline Virtual Academy and the Virtual Program at Seahurst.
- Applications are submitted online through SchoolMint.
- Neighborhood schools offer challenging coursework with electives to enhance your learning experience. No application is required for neighborhood schools. Current students are automatically enrolled based on their address.
High Schools and Programs of Choice
Open to all—applications required
- Big Picture Schools (grades 6-12)
- CHOICE Academy (grades 6-12)
- Maritime High School (grades 9-12)
- Raisbeck Aviation High School (grades 9-12)
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) program at Mount Rainier High School (grades 9-12)
- WELS: Waskowitz Environmental Leadership and Service program at Tyee High School (grades 9-12)
- Highline Virtual Academy (grades 6-12)
- Puget Sound Skills Center (grades 10-12)
- Innovation Heights Academy (grades 9-12)
Neighborhood High Schools
Enrollment based on your home address
- Tyee High School
- Mount Rainier High School
- Highline High School
- Evergreen High School
Middle Schools of Choice
Open to all - applications required
- Big Picture Schools (Grades 6-12)
- CHOICE Academy (Grades 6-12)
- Highline Virtual Academy (Grades 6-12)
Neighborhood Middle Schools—Enrollment based on your home address
- Sylvester Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Pacific Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Chinook Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Cascade Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Glacier Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Elementary Program of Choice
The Virtual Program at Seahurst (Grades K-5)
Neighborhood schools include 17 elementary schools serving kindergarten through fifth-grade students, including dual language schools. Learn more on our website. Neighborhood enrollment is based on your home address.
Application Details for Choice Schools and Programs
Please see each school outlined above for application details. Applications close on their specified date at 11:00 p.m.
Use our online application site, SchoolMint, to complete and submit an application for schools and programs of choice. For SchoolMint technical questions, you can find answers on their support website.
Space is limited for all schools and programs. A lottery process is used when applications exceed capacity.
For schools with an application closing on January 31, the lottery will take place on March 1. Families will be notified via SchoolMint on March 1 whether students are accepted or placed on a waitlist. Full lottery results, including waitlist order, will be posted as a news story on the district and choice school websites on March 4 by the end of the day.
Application processes and timelines for PSSC, Innovation Heights Academy and the Virtual Program at Seahurst vary.