Superintendent Duran's Entry Plan
Superintendent Duran's Entry Plan Goals
- Learn how the district can build upon the current work to make the Highline Promise come alive for ALL students.
- Hear what is in the hearts and minds of our students, employees, and community.
- Learn how equity and equity leadership are defined and supported in Highline.
- Share major upcoming initiatives, including the bond and strategic plan update.
Phase One: Building Relationships & Listening
AUGUST - OCTOBER 2022
- Establish collaborative working relationships within the district and community
- Listen to learn the current student experience
- Learn about the initiatives in the district, including what is working and where we have opportunities for improvement
See full Phase One details:
Phase Two: Analyzing & Sharing What We Learned
NOVEMBER 2022 - JANUARY 2023
- Analyze the feedback from the community meetings, focus groups, and other engagement opportunities
- Identify learnings, themes, additional questions and next steps
See full Phase Two details:
Phase three: Reviewing & Updating the Strategic Plan
JANUARY - JUNE 2023
- Use the feedback from the listening tour and additional engagement to guide a review of the current strategic plan
- Update the strategic plan to steer the work ahead
See full Phase Three details:
It is my honor to serve as the Superintendent of Highline Public Schools. As a lifelong educator, I have always believed that education has the power to influence and transform lives. Our collective effort is to deliberately improve our students and families’ destinies. Please join me in this journey to ensure our Promise is true for every student!
Every student in Highline Public Schools is known by name, strength, and need and graduates prepared for the future they choose.