AVID, Advancement Via Individual Determination, is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to closing the achievement gap by preparing all students for college and other postsecondary opportunities. Established more than 35 years ago with one teacher in one classroom, AVID today impacts nearly 1.5 million students in 46 states and 16 other countries/territories.
- Research-based, with proven results of student achievement
- A direct support structure for first-generation college-goers
- A catalyst for systemic reform and change
In Highline, AVID is an elective class that students can join in middle and high school.
- Teaches skills and behaviors for academic success
- Provides intensive support with tutorials and strong student/teacher relationships
- Creates a positive peer group for students
- Develops a sense of hope for personal achievement gained through hard work and determination
Certificated Secondary Success Specialist