Career & Technical Education
Career & Technical Education (CTE) provides students with the academics, technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners, with an emphasis on real-world, real-life skills.
Helping All Students Become Career and College Ready
Career and Technical Education – Washington (CTE) promotes and supports locally-based middle and high school programs that provide 21st century, academic and technical skills for all students. Whether you plan to go to work straight out of high school or eventually earn a PhD, whether you have a clear career goal or just want to learn something practical and new, you can benefit from CTE.
Through CTE, students:
- Explore careers in middle and high school, especially careers in high-demand, high-growth fields such as healthcare and green technologies
- Identify a career goal
- Write a High School and Beyond Plan, with help from school career and guidance counselors, that identifies the high school and college-level academic and skills-based classes, training programs and apprenticeships that will best prepare them for their career path of choice.
- Take classes in high schools, at skills centers and at community and technical colleges that apply math, science and other academic subjects in real-life, hands-on ways
- Pursue a rigorous Programs of Study to a registered apprenticeship, industry certifications and two- and four-year college options.
- Earn tuition-free college credits as well as high school credits required for graduation
- Become leaders by participating in skills competitions and community service
- Big Picture
- CHOICE Academy
- Evergreen High School
- Highline High School
- Mount Rainier High School
- New Start High School
- Puget Sound High School
- Tyee High School
- Raisbeck Aviation High School
Evergreen High School
Highline High School
Mount Rainier High School
New Start High School
Puget Sound High School
Tyee High School
Raisbeck Aviation High School
CTE Program Technician/Admin Support
CTE Work-Based Learning - Instructional/Cooperative