Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

You Are About To Leave the Highline Public Schools Website

You are now leaving the Highline website and will be redirected to a third-party application or website. This site may have advertisements or other content not necessarily endorsed or approved by Highline Public Schools. 

College Credit in High School

There are many opportunities in Highline Public Schools to earn college credit while in high school. This is also called dual credit.

Dual credit programs give students the opportunity to earn high school and college credit at the same time. There are two ways to earn dual credit:

  1. Exam-based: students take an exam (such as Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate) and apply to receive college credit with a certain minimum score.
  2. In Course-based: students enroll in class that has potential to earn both types of credit. These classes can be offered at the college (such as Running Start) or at the high school (such as College in the High School and Career Technical Education [CTE]).  In these courses students are eligible to receive credit if they pass the class.

Options available within our district include:

**not all options are available at every school. Please connect with your school counselor to find out more.

Click through the slides to learn more.