Dual Language Schools
Students assigned to one of these dual language schools will be automatically enrolled in dual language if it is available at the student’s grade level.
- Hazel Valley, Grade K-3*, Spanish
- Hilltop, Grades K-5, Spanish
- Madrona, Grades K-5, Spanish
- Midway, Grade K-3*, Spanish
- Mount View, Grades K-5, Spanish
- White Center Heights, Grades K-5, Spanish, Vietnamese or English-only
*Please note: grade levels are for the 2021-2022 school year. Another grade level will be added each year until the program is schoolwide.
This video provides more information about what it means to attend a dual language school and your enrollment options.
You can opt to enroll your child in the Dual Language program by clicking on the student’s neighborhood school on the elementary enrollment page. You may also request that your child attend the English-only program at the neighborhood partner school. To do this…
- Complete the online enrollment process.
- Submit this English-Only Placement Request form.
- If space is available, you will be enrolled in your partner school.
- If space is not available, Student Placement will ensure your student is placed in a school with space.
- Transportation will be provided.
Entering Dual Language after kindergarten or 1st grade
Entering Dual Language after kindergarten or 1st grade can be challenging. If your child is entering 2nd grade or higher, you may want to consider the following:
- Is your child motivated to learn in two languages? Are they open to challenges and persevering?
- There may be more transitions in Dual Language than in a single language classroom.
- If your child’s language does not match the language of instruction, they may feel challenged, tired or overwhelmed in the beginning.
If you have additional questions, please contact your child’s school or the Language Learning Department at 206-631-3035.