For over 59 years, Waskowitz Outdoor School has been welcoming classes from throughout the Puget Sound region to investigate the beauty of the Pacific Northwest through classes in forest and river ecology, as well as forming bonds with new friends from different schools.
Waskowitz Outdoor School is a magical journey of discovery exploring the diversity of people and nature, while providing a safe, high quality, affordable residential experience for the students of the greater Puget Sound area.
Historic Waskowitz with its fully restored facilities is recognized as a leader in residential outdoor environmental education, innovative programming and in being a full partner in educating the whole child.
- Residential Outdoor Environmental Education Framework at Waskowitz
- Comprehensive Outdoor Environmental Education
- Healthy Sustainable Community
- Access and Equitable Opportunities
- Holistic Approach
- Assessment is Ongoing
- Shared Responsibility/ School Partners
- Enduring Understandings/ Core Competencies
- Facilities and Operations
Meredith von Trapp