We know that the school closure has especially impacted students with disabilities, and that in turn has a large impact on parents and caregivers. We are doing our best to support students during this time, and we are committed to providing distance learning based on student strengths and needs. All distance learning opportunities are aligned to Individualized Education Plans (IEPs). We will continue to make adjustments needed along the way to support your student in the best possible way during this unprecedented situation.
You can expect the communication and services below:
- Regular communication from your student’s teacher
- Continued collaboration with your student’s IEP team regarding the services that will allow your child to continue making progress
- Consistent activities and instruction for academic, social-emotional and adaptive skills aligned to your student’s IEP
- Monitoring of student progress
- Updates from the Special Education Department
Thank you for your continued partnership. Please visit our department website page for contact information: