The Highline Athletics Department provides athletics programming designed to support the educational development of our students. Students benefit by learning sportsmanship, ethics, integrity, teamwork, competition, and how to win and lose gracefully.
We view athletics as an extension of the academic program and strive to model the healthy balance critical to the well-being and success of young people. Athletics can foster pride in our schools and communities, and we value the support of parents, faculty, administrators, and students.
All middle school sports have been cancelled for the 2020-21 school year.
High school sports will resume starting February 24. We are following health guidelines to ensure our students and coaches are safe. Athletic directors will be reaching out to students and families who are registered and cleared for athletics through FamilyID related to procedures and protocols. FamilyID registration for Season 1 will open on February 8 and a new registration is required even for students who are currently cleared for out of season workouts.
KingCo League - Evergreen, Highline, Tyee high schools
Football will start on February 24.
Cheer, dance, drill, cross country, volleyball, boys golf and tennis, girls soccer and girls swim will start on March 1.
NPSL League - Mount Rainier High School
Football will start on March 1.
Cheer, dance, drill, cross country, boys and girls golf, volleyball, girls soccer and girls swim will begin on March 8.
All other sports will be in season 2 or 3.
- 2020-21 Athletics Offerings
- High School Athletics/Activities Eligibility Form
- Middle School Athletics/Activities Eligibility Form
- Board Policy 2151 - Interscholastic Activities
- Board Policy 2151P - Code of Conduct
- COVID-19 Pre-Participation Questionnaire
- COVID-19 Disclosure and Release - Activity Participation Form Addendum
- Insurance Information
- Physical & Medical History Form
- Physical Evaluation Form for Athletes with Disabilities