For the 2021-22 school year, fully vaccinated student athletes and unvaccinated student athletes will participate at different levels of athletics. Here some examples outlined in the Washington State Department of Health guidance:
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated athletes competing in high-contact indoor sports.
- COVID-19 screening testing will be required for all unvaccinated athletes in high contact indoor sports.
- When a positive case occurs within a team, vaccinated students may be able to continue to participate (depending on additional factors) while unvaccinated students may be affected by isolation and/or quarantine (depending on additional factors)
We are asking all student athletes to share their COVID vaccination status with their school. Below are the acceptable forms of vaccination verification:
- CDC vaccination card, which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date(s) administered, or a photo of the vaccination card.
- Documentation of vaccination from a health care provider with the information listed above.
- State immunization information system record with the information listed above.
It is important that the athletic director at your school receive verification of vaccination status as soon as possible. Students will be presumed to be unvaccinated until proof is shown. Here are the ways you may communicate this:
- Upload a photo or scanned copy of vaccination record in Final Forms
- Show proof of vaccination status to the athletic director