Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien,WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Paying for College

If you want to go to college, and are willing to work at it, you can find the money to pay for it!

Financial aid is money to help pay for college or technical or trade school. Financial aid can come from colleges, companies, private scholarship funds, the state of Washington, and the U.S. Department of Education. You can learn more on the Department of Education website.  

We offer events every year that walk students and families through the financial aid process. We sit down with you to get applications DONE. Be on the lookout for a complete listing of financial aid completion events, in the fall. 

Types of Aid

  • Scholarships: Money awarded to students based on academic or other achievements to help pay for education expenses.  Scholarships generally do not have to be repaid.  
  • Grants: Financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund).
  • Loans: Borrowed money for college or career school; you must repay your loans, with interest. 
  • Work Study: A work program through which you earn money to help you pay for school.
Students in the library