Hello 8th-grade students and families,
Highline Public Schools will be opening the new Maritime High School this fall with its inaugural 9th-grade class. Maritime High School offers a new way to learn - beyond the walls of the classroom. Check out this video from our partner Northwest Maritime Center.
Interested? I invite you to apply.
Learn about the environment, marine science and maritime careers working on or near the water.
- Learn about career opportunities in the maritime industry and marine sciences
- Launch into a maritime career or study at a 2 or 4-year college
- Increase your understanding of the natural world and become a champion for environmental justice
- Improve practical skills, foster creative thinking skills and disruptive innovation in the context of maritime
- Learn about career opportunities
The Maritime industry is the third largest economic driver in the state with a current workforce that is retiring. The Maritime industry offers:
- Good living wages
- Jobs in and out of the water
- Cool jobs with travel
- Jobs in the Greater Puget Sound Region
- And more!
Application and Enrollment Steps
Apply through SchoolMint.
Log in to SchoolMint. Use our online application portal to complete and submit an application. Create an account using an email address or mobile phone number. After providing basic guardian and student information, submit your application.
If an offer of enrollment is extended, it will be emailed through SchoolMint.
Confirm acceptance in SchoolMint or by contacting Maritime High School. You can do so by emailing Heather Seely at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will schedule you for a Commitment Conversation. (You can also wait until after this meeting to confirm acceptance.)
I look forward to meeting you in the future.
Maritime High School Principal