Curriculum & Instruction
Curriculum & Instruction is responsible for programs and initiatives designed to improve instruction and student learning. Curriculum & Instruction is foundational work of the Teaching, Learning & Leadership department which is deeply committed to ensure student success leading to college and career readiness.
We are committed to offering student-centered learning environments by providing innovative classroom environments and leveraging digital tools. We believe this is powerful because:
- It teaches and prepares students to be digital and media literate
- Technology can both help recover and accelerate student progress.
- Students can continue their learning during class time, extended time, or outside the school day.
- Technology can drive lessons or practice directly at each individual student's level.
- Employing the correct tools in a strong instructional model can lead to better personalization, differentiation, and therefore student achievement.
- Rebekah Kim, Executive Director of Teaching, Learning and Leadership
- Meghan Terwiillegar, Personalized Learning Specialist
- Haley Wagner, Personalized Learning Specialist
Chief Academic Officer
Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership - Language Learning, CTE, Secondary Initiatives, Secondary Success and College and Career Readiness, Arts, Health and Fitness
Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership - Special Education, PreK/Elementary Success, Social Emotional Learning, Highly Capable Programming
Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership - Leadership Pathways, Teacher Initiatives, Peer Mentors, Report Cards and Student-led Conferences
Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership - Data and Assessment, Personalized Learning and Differentiation
Instructional Leadership Executive Director - Cascade, CHOICE Academy, Evergreen, New Start, PSSC, Raisbeck Aviation, STEPS, Sylvester, VITAL, Waskowitz, WELS
Instructional Leadership Executive Director - Beverly Park, Cedarhurst, Gregory Heights, Hazel Valley, Mount View, Seahurst, Shorewood, Southern Heights, White Center Heights, Valley View Early Learning.
Instructional Leadership Executive Director - Big Picture, Chinook, Glacier, Highline, Mount Rainier, Pacific, Tyee
Instructional Leadership Executive Director - Bow Lake, Des Moines, Hilltop, Madrona, Marvista, McMicken Heights, Midway, North Hill, Parkside
Director of PreK & Elementary Success
Director of Secondary Success & College Readiness
Director of Social-Emotional Learning
Director of Secondary Initiatives
Director of Career & Technical Education
Director of Special Education
Kristin Percy Calaff
Director of Language Learning
Director of Title I/LAP & ESSA