Spring Directed Athletics
Students who registered for a Spring 2020 school- or community-based sport are eligible to receive a 0.5 Physical Education credit through a modified Directed Athletics online learning course.
To be approved and participate in this course, a student must have already signed up for a WIAA sport when remote learning started on March 12, 2020.
- Complete all Directed Athletics coursework by Monday, June 1st, 2020. Failure to turn in coursework on time may result in no credit.
- Directed Athletics is a pass / no pass course. Failure to complete this course will not affect student transcripts.
- Directed Athletics is a credit gained course and not intended for credit retrieval.
- Time to complete coursework may vary. On average, coursework can be completed in 8-10 hours. Plan accordingly to complete all work by June 1st.
- All coursework will be completed on CANVAS.
- Course facilitators are available for communication throughout the spring 2020 season by email and office hours.
Course Approval - Getting Started:
- Contact your school’s Physical Education Department Lead (listed below) and request access to the Directed Athletics course.
- Students will receive notification through their schools Google email account.
- Students will need to log on to CANVAS and accept their course invitation. Please refer to the Steps for Logging into CANVAS if necessary.
- Students can begin Modified Directed Athletics after accepting the course invite.
To enroll in Modified Directed Athletics for Spring 2020, contact your school’s Physical Education Department Lead.
- Evergreen High School: Erin Hochevar-Ortiz
- Highline High School: Mary Legate
- Mt. Rainier High School: Lance Hepworth
- Tyee High School: Courtney McCurry
For questions about Modified Directed Athletics in Spring 2020, contact your school’s Physical Education Department lead or Derek Severson, Instructional Specialist: K-12 Health and Physical Education