The Instructional Materials Committee has launched a process to select new materials to support Music instruction. Current materials were reviewed, and it has been determined that a new adoption is needed to support current standards and to ensure materials reflect our students and are culturally responsive.
Further updates will be posted here as the process proceeds
Join the Music adoption committee
The adoption committee comprised of staff and community members, identifies criteria and reviews materials, including alignment with standards and bias review, with a goal of identifying high-quality, culturally responsive materials in the spring.
Community members, including families and students, can apply to be a part of the committee here. Please submit your interest by October 29.
If you are a current HPS staff member and are interested in joining the adoption committee, please complete this interest form by October 29.
Additional opportunities for staff and community input will be shared later this fall and winter.
For any questions about the music adoption team selection process, please contact IMC chair, Bernard Koontz.
Current IMC members Include:
- Gaye Bungart, Director of Special Education
- Cherie Clymer, Secondary Teacher
- Kathy Emerick, Director of Pre-K and Elementary Success
- Jennifer Ferry, Librarian
- Jami Haskin, Instructional Resource Manager
- Chelsea Hinderlie, Secondary ELA teacher
- Sandra Hunt, HEA President
- Julie Hunter, Director of Secondary Instruction
- Susanne Jerde, Chief Academic Officer
- Bernard Koontz, Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership
- Shajaira Lopez, Director of Secondary Language Learning
- Jenniffer Reinig, Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership
- Christina Smith, Peer Mentor (Teacher)
- Meghan Terwillegar, Director of Instructional Technology Integration