Elementary and Secondary Language Arts Adoption Update
Our elementary and secondary Language Arts Adoption Committees continue to keep their focus on moving forward with the adoption of new language arts curriculum.
2019-21 Language Arts Adoption in Process
- In September 2019, a Kindergarten-12th grade Language Arts adoption was announced
- In January 2020, K-5 materials were selected for final review
- Due to this year's unanticipated closure, the Highline Instructional Materials Committee adjusted the recommended timelines for the Elementary and Secondary Adoption Teams. See adjusted timelines below.
Updates will be posted here.
Current IMC members Include:
- Celeste Borowiak Timulak, Teacher Librarian
- Gaye Bungart, Director of Special Education
- Kathy Emerick, Director of Pre-K and Elementary Success
- Jami Haskin, Instructional Resource Manager
- Chelsea Hinderlie, Secondary ELA teacher
- Sandra Hunt, HEA President
- Julie Hunter, Director of Secondary Instruction
- Susanne Jerde, Chief Academic Officer
- Bernard Koontz, Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership
- Shajaira Lopez, Director of Secondary Language Learning
- Jenniffer Reinig, Executive Director of Teaching Learning & Leadership
- Christina Smith, Peer Mentor (Teacher)