Our world language courses offer students the opportunity to develop proficiency in a language other than English, while studying the products, practices and perspectives of the target culture. Students develop skills through reading, writing, speaking and listening in the language of study.
We offer middle school courses in Spanish and French, and high school courses in American Sign Language, French, Somali and Spanish.
- Economic: increasing demand for employees with bilingual skills
- Cognitive: Benefits for students learning more than one language include enhanced working memory, attention, flexibility and creative thinking. Bilingual/biliterate students also have greater linguistic awareness and more complex understanding of their native language
- Socio-Cultural: Bilingual students deepen their understanding of the world by communicating with people from other cultural groups
- Cascade Middle School
- Chinook Middle School
- CHOICE Academy
- Evergreen High School
- Glacier Middle School
- Highline High School
- Mount Rainier High School
- Pacific Middle School
- Raisbeck Aviation High School
- Sylvester Middle School
- Tyee High School