Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

You Are About To Leave the Highline Public Schools Website

You are now leaving the Highline website and will be redirected to a third-party application or website. This site may have advertisements or other content not necessarily endorsed or approved by Highline Public Schools. 

Alternative Learning Options

Welcome to the Connection Center!

Highline Schools offers a wide variety of alternative program options for middle and high school students. The Connection Center is a counseling service to help students and their families navigate all their options and find the program that aligns with their goals and needs. Interpreters can be provided for speakers of other languages.

Alternative Program Options

How to Meet With Us

Interested in exploring alternative pathways to graduation in Highline? Any student, family member, Highline staff or community member can refer a student by completing the following form:

Connection Center referral form

Please ensure the student and/or family is in agreement with this referral prior to submission.

What to Expect

During your Connection Center appointment, you will meet with our Re-engagement Counselor. Together, you will review your educational history, transcripts, personal goals and potential barriers to achieving those goals. You do not need to bring any paperwork or documents to this meeting unless there is something important you would like to share with the counselor.

Outcomes of a Connection Center appointment are student driven and based on individual situations. Some students may decide to remain at their current school placement or apply to a school of choice or alternative education program. 

Out of District Students

We primarily assist students who are residents of Highline Public Schools. If you currently live outside of the Highline Public Schools boundaries, but are interested in attending one of our schools, please visit our Transfer webpage for additional information on submitting inter-district transfer requests.