Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

You Are About To Leave the Highline Public Schools Website

You are now leaving the Highline website and will be redirected to a third-party application or website. This site may have advertisements or other content not necessarily endorsed or approved by Highline Public Schools. 

Transfer Requests

There are three types of transfer requests.

In-District Transfer

In-district Transfer Requests are submitted by Highline residents who wish to request that their student attend another school within Highline Public Schools other than their student’s neighborhood school.

Choice Transfer Release

Students wishing to leave Highline Public Schools to request attendance in a different school district must submit a Choice Transfer Request (CTR) release.

Non-Resident Student Choice Transfer Release

Students that live outside of Highline Public Schools boundaries are considered non-resident students. Those students wishing to request attendance to Highline Public Schools as a non-resident must request a Choice Transfer Request (CTR) release with their resident school district.

For more information on the specific type of transfer you wish to submit, please click on the links below.

International Baccalaureate Programme

We offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme at Mount Rainier High School. Up to 15 seats per graduating year will be reserved for each of the high school service areas (Highline, Tyee and Evergreen). If more than 15 students apply from each service area, a lottery system will be implemented. 

Learn More & Apply Now