Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

You Are About To Leave the Highline Public Schools Website

You are now leaving the Highline website and will be redirected to a third-party application or website. This site may have advertisements or other content not necessarily endorsed or approved by Highline Public Schools. 

Choice Transfer Release

Students wishing to leave Highline Public Schools to request attendance in a different school district must submit a Choice Transfer Release.

Inter-District/Choice Transfer Requests

Parent Portal

If you are a resident of the Highline Public Schools District and wish to request attendance in another School District, you can submit an online release request using the Parent Portal.

What is the parent portal?

The parent portal is a Choice Transfer Request Portal (CTRP). The CTRP allows families to initiate a Choice Transfer Request (CTR) and submit it electronically to their resident district. Submitting the CTR through the parent portal will immediately notify both districts.

Once a parent/guardian submits the CTR in the CTRP, the request remains in the queue for the resident district's review and subsequent action regarding the student's release from the district.

Some school districts do not participate in the CTRP. What if my school district does not?

In the CTRP, parents/guardians are directed to contact their school district to obtain the correct form to initiate the transfer process if they do not see their resident school district listed in the CTRP pull-down menu option.

Choice Transfer Request Portal

Important Information:

A completed inter-district/choice transfer agreement does not withdraw your student from the current school or resident district. If the inter-district/choice transfer is approved, it is recommended that the family provide the current school of attendance with a courtesy call to inform the current school that their student will be enrolling in another school district.

Once the student enrolls in the requested school district, the student will be formally withdrawn from Highline Public Schools. If the inter-district/choice transfer is denied by the requested district, the student will continue enrollment in Highline Public Schools.