Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien, WA 98166

You Are About To Leave the Highline Public Schools Website

You are now leaving the Highline website and will be redirected to a third-party application or website. This site may have advertisements or other content not necessarily endorsed or approved by Highline Public Schools. 

In-district Transfer

Language support is available. Hit the the translate button above or far right corner below; or call the Family Center 206-631-3003. 

In-District Transfers Requests may be submitted by Highline residents who wish to request that their student attend another school within Highline Public Schools other than their student’s neighborhood school.

In-District Transfer Request

The time frame for when we accept an in-district transfer request is:

2021-22 School Year

  • January 1 - May 26: Families will be notified of a decision via email as soon as possible after the window is closed.
  • Transfers received outside of the open transfer window will be reviewed for extenuating circumstances. Requests received during June through August will be held until after the start of the school year. Please select the "Extenuating Circumstance" category within the form along with an additional category selection and explain as to why it is submitted outside of the transfer window.

In-District Transfer Request 

All transfers will be approved or denied based on the transfer categories and space availability as outlined in Procedure 3132P. Also, transportation is not provided for transfers, except in circumstances noted in the procedure.

Transfer Categories

Transfer requests will not be approved for athletic or co-curricular activity reasons. As per WIAA regulations, students transferring from one high school to another high school within the Highline Public Schools district, without a corresponding change in home residence with natural parents or legal guardians, will be deemed ineligible for a one-year period at the varsity level of sports.