Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien,WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Facility Use & Rentals

When school buildings are not in use for school, community organizations may rent the facility. This may include educational, cultural, political and recreational activities generally open to the public at large.

To rent a school facility, please reserve it through the Facilities Services Department. Here are a few guidelines and directions:

  • Individuals and/or community organizations are required to complete and submit a Facility Use Permit application
  • A Certificate of Liability Insurance with Endorsement is required.  
  • All applications and supporting documentation are due a minimum of 14 business days in advance of the event to allow for verification, processing and approval.
  • Community organizations involving any athletic activity are required to complete a Compliance Statement form
  • Room or field fees, energy fees, custodial overtime, security, set up, kitchen use fees or security deposits may apply. Custodial overtime on Saturday is paid at time-and-a-half, Sunday is paid at double-time.
  • Payment for all applicable charges must be paid in advance of the event.

Highline Performing Arts Center

In addition, we also maintain the Highline Performing Arts Center (PAC).  It is an 800-seat, professionally staffed, state-of-the-art rental theater.  It is owned and operated by Highline Public Schools.  For more information on renting this beautiful venue, please visit the PAC website or call 206-631-6795.

Waskowitz Outdoor Education Center

Camp Waskowitz is available to rent for your next camp, retreat or event. The historic Civilian Conservation Corps facility is located 30 miles east of Seattle in the heart of the Cascades and on the South Fork Snoqualmie River. With over 300 acres of hiking trails to explore, multiple outdoor shelters, a fully finished barn, and cabins that can sleep up to 220 people, Camp Waskowitz is a cozy place to host your next retreat or camp. For more information on renting this venue, please visit the Waskowitz Outdoor Education Center website or call 425-277-7195.


Debra Ladenburg
Facilities Use Specialist

17810 8th Ave S.
Building B-1
Burien, WA  98148

Applications are accepted from 9:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m, Monday through Friday.

In-District Use

Please visit our Staff Collab Facility Use webpage for information pertaining to all In-District Use facility scheduling.

Summer Rentals

Schools and gyms are closed for use during the summer. This allows our team to complete necessary deep cleaning and maintenance projects. Some use may be allowed, on a case-by-case basis. In these instances, custodial overtime and room feels will apply. 

We also do not rent schools and gyms for the first two weeks in September. This gives our schools time to finalize their schedules for the year and provide it to our team.