Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien,WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


State law requires children to be immunized against certain diseases that can be prevented by vaccinations before attending a school. Parents and guardians meet this requirement by filling out and turning in a certificate of immunization status (CIS) form, showing their child has the required vaccinations (or that they have already had the illness and are now immune).

Certificate of Immunization Status Form

If parents and guardians choose to exempt their child from one or more of the required vaccines, they must fill out a certificate of exemption form. 

Certificate of Exemption Form
The 2011 Washington State Legislature passed a law that changes the process for getting an immunization exemption. All other parts of the law are the same.

Current Information on Immunizations

Current Information on Immunization Exemptions


Is your adolescent protected from serious diseases?

Some baby immunizations do not last a lifetime and your child may need additional shots to stay protected and healthy. Doctors recommend Tdap, MCV, and HPV vaccines to protect your adolescent and teenage children.

  • Tdap: This vaccine prevents tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis ("whooping cough"). Pertussis causes a cough that lasts for months and may make it hard to eat, drink, or breathe.
  • MCV: This vaccine prevents meningococcal disease, which is a serious infection that can lead to brain damage and death.
  • HPV: This vaccines prevents human papiloma virus, the main cause of cervical cancer.

Public health recommends that all children have a health check-up each year. For help finding a doctor or healthcare provider, call the Family Health Hotline at 1-800-322-2588.

2018-19 Child Care and Preschool Requirements





Visit the Department of Health website for resources in additional languages. 

2018-19 School Requirements





Visit the Department of Health website for resources in additional languages. For more information on vaccines, call Public Health Seattle & King County at 206-296-4774.

Highline Public Schools is sharing this important information in cooperation with Public Health, Seattle & King County.