Lend students a helping hand. Become a paraeducator.
We have immediate openings for all paraeducator positions!
What's a paraeducator
Paraeducators work alongside teachers assisting students throughout their classroom and school.
What do paraeducators do?
- Help with make-up work, classroom assignments and tests
- Assist students one-on-one or in small groups with lessons
- Read stories, listen to students read, provide writing assistance, reinforce lessons, help with computer learning programs and more
- Help students reach academic goals and grade level standards
- Communicate with teachers and families
- Monitor playground, cafeteria and crosswalks
- Have a rewarding job working with students.
- Work and make a difference in your own community.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule that is perfect for family life. Work when children are at school; be present when they are home.
- General Education (PreK-12)
- Special Education (PreK-12)*
- Dual Language**
High school diploma (or equivalent) and
- AA degree or
- 72 college credits or
- Successful completion of an approved paraeducator assessment test
- *Physical Agility assessment required for some special education positions
- **Language assessment required for dual language positions
Testing cost $60. Testing costs will be paid by the district from now until June 2019 with the following criteria:
- Have an application on file with Highline Public Schools
- Candidates can take the test free of charge one time, any retakes will be at the candidates expense
Para Test are proctored every other week from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Testing dates for the remainder of the school year are:
- February 4 and 25
- March 11 and 25
- April 8, 22 and 29
- May 13
- June 3 and 17