Student Tutor Orientation
The following documents must be completed and returned to Human Resources at your New Hire Orientation. Please complete the forms in their entirety. If you are unable to print out the documents at home, this website is available through any WiFi service such as libraries, community centers, etc.
Please Note: When you come for your onsite orientation, you must have your original social security card and the form of ID being used to complete the I-9 as these are REQUIRED by payroll. If you do not have your proper identification you will not be allowed to participate and will be asked to reschedule your Orientation date.
Don't have your Social Security Card? You can order a replacement online.
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- Personnel Emergency Information
- Immunization History
- Washington State Sexual Misconduct Disclosure
- W-4 - Federal Withholding Taxes
- Direct Deposit
- Parent/School Authorization
This form is required for all new employees by the US Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service to verify employment eligibility. Along with this form bring required documentation.
Instructions for completing the employment eligibility verification form (I-9):
- Complete Section 1 with your personal information.
- Check the box with your appropriate resident status.
- Remember to sign and date.
- Leave the form blank below the signature line.
- Leave the second page blank.
This form gives important contact information to be used in case of an emergency.
Instructions for completing the personnel emergency Information form:
- This form is used to audit information in our personnel system.
- Complete the form with name, address, phone number, etc.
- Provide two LOCAL emergency contacts in case you have an emergency are not able to provide this information at the time.
In the event of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease in a school, the local health officer has the authority to exclude all susceptible persons, including school staff. This authority has been exercised in several school districts where a confirmed case of a vaccine preventable disease has occurred. “Susceptible” means any staff member born after January 1, 1957. It is strongly recommended that all susceptible staff members (including guest employees) provide evidence of vaccination or immunity to measles, rubella and mumps. A diphtheria-tetanus booster is also recommended for adults every 10 years. If you need to be immunized of have concerns, please contact your personal physician, clinic or local health department.
This form provides documentation of immunizations.
Instructions for completing the immunization form:
- Complete the top portion of the form with name and date of birth.
- If your birthdate is before January 1, 1957, you only need to complete this portion and sign and date in the Certification box at the bottom right.
- Enter the dates of your MMR Immunization(s) in each box. The year of the immunization is sufficient.
- Sign and date the certification box at the bottom right of the form.
You can choose to take a personal or religious exemption by checking the appropriate box and sign and date under the exemption section. A staff member may claim an exemption from the immunization documentation, but may be excluded from their work site for the duration of an outbreak of a disease.
Complete one form for each school district you have worked for in a paid position. This includes school districts or private schools in Washington State, another state or another country.
Instructions for completing the Washington state sexual misconduct disclosure release:
- In the first blank area enter the name and address of your previous school district.
- In the second blank area enter your personal information as completely as possible.
- Sign and date the form.
If you have never worked in a school district place an “X” in the box in the upper right corner.
- Enter your name in the personal information section.
- At least last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Sign and date.
- The W4 Form determines the amount of your Federal withholding taxes. Instructions for completing the form are located at the top of the form.
- Please fill out and bring to Orientation (After you are assigned your employee ID you may change your witholding status in the future by logging in to your Employee Online account and selecting W-4 under Pay Information.
- Be sure to fill out Section 3 and Section 5, unless filing Exempt status – which is explained at the top, beginning with the second paragraph.
- Until you file the form or EO screen, you will be entered into the system as Single, with zero (0) allowances.
Highline School District requires that paychecks are direct deposited into an account of your choosing.
Instructions for completing the Direct Deposit form:
- Enter your full legal name as it appears on your Social Security Number.
- Enter your bank name.
- Enter the account number and identify the type of account (i.e. checking, savings).
- Print, sign and date.
- Attach a voided check for deposit into a checking account (do not use a voided check for deposit into a savings account), a pre-printed savings deposit slip for deposit into a savings account, or an account information letter from your bank. (Be aware that handwritten account information will not be accepted – a form from your bank must be attached.)
This form is required by the State of Washington Department of L&I.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE PARENT/SCHOOL AUTHORIZATION FORM:
- Enter Full Employee Name
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your address.
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter your school information including phone number and school address (addresses and phone numbers to all schools can be found on the Highline School District website).
- Employee (Minor) signs and dates.
- Parent signs and dates.
- School Authority signs and dates.
In addition to completing the forms above, it is imperative that you read through the documents & board policies below. When you have completed all forms and required reading, fill out the short online form below to verify you have received these materials.
Additionally, you will be receiving a link from safeschools with three required training videos. These videos must be viewed within 60 days of your hire date or you can be removed from your position. If you do not receive the e-mail to safe schools within 5 days of your hire date please reach out to HR at 206-631-3000.
- Employee Assistance - Highline offers employee assistance through the Cigna Life Assistance.
- Highline Public Schools Mobile App and Social Media Information - Stay connected, be informed. The app gives students, staff, families, and the community a new and more convenient way to stay informed about what's happening in our schools.
- Work Calendar - Don't forget to review your calendar for non-work days. Check with your hiring manager if you have questions about your work calendar or start date. You can easily find your work calendar in Employee Online as well.
- Refer a Friend - Help us fulfill our mission by referring the brightest and most talented people to join our team. We are looking for talented individuals who are committed to helping students reach our ambitious goals.
Have you completed all the required new employee paperwork and reading? Fill out the form below.