Substitute Employee Orientation
The following documents must be completed and returned to Human Resources at your New Hire Orientation. Please complete the forms in their entirety. If you are unable to print out the documents at home, this website is available through any WiFi service such as libraries, community centers, etc.
Please Note: When you come for your onsite orientation, you must have your original social security card and the form of ID being used to complete the I-9 as these are REQUIRED by payroll. If you do not have your proper identification you will not be allowed to participate and will be asked to reschedule your Orientation date.
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- W-4 - Federal Withholding Taxes
- Criminal History Background Check - Fingerprints
- Personnel Emergency Information
- Immunization History
- Washington State Sexual Misconduct Disclosure
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Direct Deposit
- Substitute Retirement Status
- Reassurance Letter
This form is required for all new employees by the US Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service to verify employment eligibility. Along with this form bring required documentation.
Instructions for completing the employment eligibility verification form (I-9):
- Complete Section 1 with your personal information.
- Check the box with your appropriate resident status.
- Remember to sign and date.
- Leave the form blank below the signature line.
- Leave the second page blank.
- The W4 Form determines the amount of your Federal withholding taxes. Instructions for completing the form are located at the top of the form.
- Please fill out and bring to Orientation (After you are assigned your employee ID you may change your witholding status in the future by logging in to your Employee Online account and selecting W-4 under Pay Information.
- Be sure to fill out Section 3 and Section 5, unless filing Exempt status – which is explained at the top, beginning with the second paragraph.
- Until you file the form or EO screen, you will be entered into the system as Single, with zero (0) allowances.
This form allows us to perform a background check and run fingerprints which is a requirement of employment with our district.
Instructions for completing the criminal history background check-fingerprints form:
1. Fill out all required fields.
2. There are three options to check at the bottom of the form.
a. If you have been fingerprinted before list where the fingerprinting took place. (Note it must be another school district, College or University).
b. If you are a new employee (not substitute) that has not been finger printed the fingerprinting fee will come as a deduction on your first paycheck.
c. Substitutes will pay in cash or check at time of fingerprinting.
This form gives important contact information to be used in case of an emergency.
Instructions for completing the personnel emergency Information form:
- This form is used to audit information in our personnel system.
- Complete the form with name, address, phone number, etc.
- Provide two LOCAL emergency contacts in case you have an emergency are not able to provide this information at the time.
This form provides documentation of immunizations.
Instructions for completing the immunization form:
- Complete the top portion of the form with name, date of birth, and social security number.
- If your birthdate is before January 1, 1957, you only need to complete this portion and sign and date in the Certification box at the bottom right.
- Enter the dates of your MMR Immunization(s) in each box. The year of the immunization is sufficient.
- Enter Tetanus/Diphtheria dates if known.
- Sign and date the certification box at the bottom right of the form.
You can choose to take a personal or religious exemption by checking the appropriate box and sign and date under the exemption section. If you take an exemption, please read the memo from the Superintendent on the reverse side of the form.
If you do not return the form, please read the memo on the form. You will be entered in our system as susceptible.
Complete one form for each school district you have worked for in a paid position. This includes school districts or private schools in Washington State, another state or another country.
Instructions for completing the Washington state sexual misconduct disclosure release:
- In the first blank area enter the name and address of your previous school district.
- In the second blank area enter your personal information as completely as possible.
- Sign and date the form.
If you have never worked in a school district place an “X” in the box in the upper right corner.
- Enter your name in the personal information section.
- At least last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Sign and date.
This form is stating our confidentiality agreement and that you agree to uphold it during your employment.
Instructions for completing the confidentiality agreement:
- Enter Month, Day and Year of the date you are filling out
- Type in employee name
- At the bottom of the form: Sign your name on the recipient line.
Highline School District requires that paychecks are direct deposited into an account of your choosing.
Instructions for completing the Direct Deposit form:
- Enter your full legal name as it appears on your Social Security Number.
- Enter your bank name.
- Enter the account number and identify the type of account (i.e. checking, savings).
- Print, sign and date.
- Attach a voided check for deposit into a checking account (do not use a voided check for deposit into a savings account), a pre-printed savings deposit slip for deposit into a savings account, or an account information letter from your bank. (Be aware that handwritten account information will not be accepted – a form from your bank must be attached.)
This form is required by the Department of Retirement Services .
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE RETIREMENT STATUS FORM:
- Enter your full legal name.
- Enter your social security number.
- Answer all questions 1-3.
- Sign and Date.
This form has all of the required substitute information, you will need to complete this form as a part of your hire process. If it is not done you will not start work.
Instructions for completing the Reassurance Letter:
1. Fill out your details (Name, Address, & contact information)
2. Indicate if you have substituted in any other districts.
3. Indicate if you want to return to the Highline School District.
4. Electronically sign document and date following the instructions on the form.
5. Click on SUBMIT - please note you do not need to print this and bring with you to Orientation.
In addition to completing the forms above, it is imperative that you read through the documents & board policies below. When you have completed all forms and required reading, fill out the short online form below to verify you have received these materials.
Additionally, you will be receiving a link from safeschools with three required training videos. These videos must be viewed within 60 days of your hire date or you can be removed from your position. If you do not receive the e-mail to safe schools within 5 days of your hire date please reach out to HR at 206-631-3000.
- Retirement Information - visit this site for information on the various plans available. Additionally, watch a short video to learn about different plan options from the State of Washington Department of Retirement Services.
- Employee Online - a tool to view your pay, benefit information, personal information, such as address and phone numbers(s), e-mail address, emergency contact, direct deposit and specific job information.
- Employee Assistance - Highline offers employee assistance through the Cigna Life Assistance.
- Department of Technology Services Information Packet - everything you need to know about our department of technology and what they can help you with.
- Highline Public Schools Mobile App and Social Media Information - Stay connected, be informed. The app gives students, staff, families and the community a new and more convenient way to stay informed about what's happening in our schools.
- Substitute Quick Start Guide for Absence Management - This is a first time users guide to logging on to view and accept jobs.
- Employee Contracts - Collective bargaining agreements for all positions.
- District Salary Schedules - shows the salary schedule for your position.
- Work Calendar - Don't forget to review your calendar for non-work days. Check with your hiring manager if you have questions about your work calendar or start date. You can easily find your work calendar in Employee Online as well.
- District ID Badges - Appropriate HR authorization and photo ID is necessary when initiating a new badge. Visit the Safety & Security website for more information on when badges are issued and directions to the Safety & Security office.
- Matt Griffin YMCA - Highline Public Schools is part of the YMCA of Greater Seattle's Community Based Organization/Corporate membership. This enables you to join the YMCA without paying a joining fee. Simply bring in your work ID when signing up.
- Refer a Friend - Help us fulfill our mission by referring the brightest and most talented people to join our team. We are looking for talented individuals who are committed to helping students reach our ambitious goals.
Have you completed all the required new employee paperwork and reading? Fill out the form below.