Purchasing School Meals
Students may choose to pay cash daily or to prepay for school meals by depositing funds to their meal account. Prepayment for meals and single purchases, such as milk, is highly encouraged. Mymealtime.com allows convenient access to monitor account balances and meal activity. Additional meal balance information resources include the school cashier or Nutrition Services office at 206-631-3010.
There are three ways to prepay for school meals:
Preferred method: Enroll in our online prepayment service to make an online payment. (*See instructions below)
Send a check payment made payable to Nutrition Services. To ensure the money is deposited to correct account, be sure to write the student’s first and last name and ID/PIN number in the memo line on the check.
- Provide a cash or check payment in the cafeteria to be deposited to the student’s account.
While Nutrition Services will make every effort to notify the parent/guardian when a student’s meal account balance is low, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to monitor the student’s account balance and ensure that funds are available by prepaying for school meals or sending a cash payment with their student. Student account balances can be monitored through the mymealtime.com system.
If you believe your family is eligible for free or reduced-priced meals, applications can be submitted at any time throughout the school year.
*How to enroll in MealTime:
1. Register. Go to www.mymealtime.com. Select Register and create a username and password.
2. Link your student to your account. Select Manage Cafeteria Accounts. Select Add Student. The student’s 7 digit student ID number is required and can be obtained from your school office or cashier, or by calling 206-631-3010. Add all your Highline Public Schools students to one account.
3. Make a deposit. Select Home-Deposit Funds to make a one-time deposit. Select Schedule Deposits to add money weekly, monthly, or any frequency you desire.
4. Set-up a low balance alert. Go to Manage Cafeteria Accounts. Select Edit and choose your alert.