Capital Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC) meetings will be held monthly from October to April on a Wednesday, usually from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the school district central office board room (15675 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien), unless a different location is noted below or the committee adds additional meeting time as noted.
The public is invited to attend and observe the meetings.
To contact the committee, email CFAC@highlineschools.org.
- May 23, 2018 (Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Central Office)
- May 9, 2018 (Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Central Office)
- April 25, 2018 (Wednesday, 6:00-8:30 p.m., Central Office)
- February 28, 2018 (Wednesday, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Central Office)
- February 13, 2018 (Tuesday, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Central Office)
- January 31, 2018 (Wednesday, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Sylvester Middle School)
- January 10, 2018
- December 13, 2017
- September 13, 2017
- August 29, 2017, 7:00-8:30 p.m.--Orientation for new members/refresher for returning members
- June 14, 2017
- April 12, 2017
Boundary Review Community Meetings
Members presented a draft boundary plan at a Community Meeting on March 14, 2018 at the Highline High School cafeteria, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. This kick-off meeting was followed by nine more community meetings throughout the district, including a Boundary Design Session, at which community members were invited to suggest alternative boundary lines during a live mapping session. CFAC members received public feedback in person at the community meetings and from 602 responses to an online survey open from March 10 to April 20, 2018.
CFAC members reviewed public feedback and alternative plans. They revised their draft boundary plan and presented recommendations to the school board June 6, 2018. The school board is expected to vote on the boundary plan June 27, 2018.