More information will be coming in fall 2019 regarding a CFAC lottery to replenish membership as needed for 2018-19 and continue work on the long-range capital facilities plan.
Highline invited all CFAC members who served in 2015-16 to serve for another one-year term in 2017-18.
If a member was appointed to CFAC by a community organization or city and wished to step down early in the process, that organization was invited to appoint a new representative. If a member chosen by lottery decided to step down, that position was refilled from the lottery wait list by service area.
A drawing was held on June 7, 2017. Nine new members were selected by lottery. There were a total of 33 CFAC membership positions in 2017-2018. There are currently 29 members. We are no longer refilling empty positions for 2017-2018 since this process depends on background knowledge acquired in the meeting process.
Between our representatives chosen by lottery and our appointed members who represent jurisdictions and organizations, the committee has balanced representation from all four service areas in our district.
2017-2018 CFAC Membership List
Members Selected by Lottery
- Michel Hansmire
- Jen Pilgrim
- Rose Clark
- Jim Daligcon
- Karla Ohrt
- Tonita Webb
- Nora Vivarelli
- Shane Stender
- Jennifer Hefford-Anderson
- Omaha Sternberg
- Judy Nguyen
- Donald Henning
- Chris Cruz
- Darryl Felix
- Tsehainesh Tesfamariam
- Liz Steppe
- Cheryl Forbes
- Terri Hewitt
Appointed Student Representatives
- Paola Cisneros Lepe, Student Representative, Tyee High School
- My Linh Quach, Student Representative, Evergreen High School
- Sarah Fikre or Katalia Alexander, Student Representative, Mount Rainier High School
- Unfilled, Student Representative, Highline High School
Members Appointed by Organizations
- Aaron Garcia, YES for Highline Representative
- Maria Santiago, Highline Council PTA & Highline Special Needs PTA Representative
- Erik Enghusen, Teamsters Representative
- Susan Andrews, Highline Education Association Representative
- Michael Sita, Principal’s Association Representative
- Lois Schipper, King County Council Representative
- Mike Ruff, City of Burien Representative
- Michelle Sipes-Marvin, City of Normandy Park Representative
- Unfilled, City of Des Moines Representative
Unfilled, City of SeaTac Representative
If a lottery member needs to step down early in the process, an alternate will be called up from the service area list by order of selection. If an appointed member needs to step aside early in the process, the organization will be invited to appoint a new representative. We are no longer refilling empty positions for 2017-2018 since this committee depends on background knowledge acquired in the meeting process.
To contact the committee, email CFAC@highlineschools.org.