A small group of community members are keeping a close eye on the progress and spending on Highline Public Schools bond projects.
These community members agreed to serve as the Capital Projects Oversight Committee to ensure accountability on school construction projects. Committee members are appointed. They meet quarterly.
Two members are elected by the Capital Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC) that plans for school bonds. Approximately five other members were appointed for their experience with bond planning, or in finance, construction and real estate. All are residents of the Highline community.
- Stuart Mathews, Assistant Director, Aviation Project Management, Port of Seattle
- Rose Clark, Former Chair, Capital Facilities Advisory Committee
- Elizabeth Leavitt, Principal for Climate Response, Jacobs
- Mika Sundberg, Designer, SKL Architects (CFAC Member)
- Erik Ruffing, Virtual Design & Construction Manager, Swinerton Builders (CFAC Member)
In Memoriam: In late 2023, we mourned the loss of Scott Gifford, a longtime member of the Capital Projects Oversight Committee. Scott was born and raised in the Highline community. He was a local attorney focusing on estate and business planning. He served as a trustee with the Highline Schools Foundation and president of the board of trustees for the Burien Actors Theatre.