Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question about Highline Public Schools bond projects, progress or future planning, please ask. We will respond to you personally and post answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Please email your questions to:
- How Can I Have a Voice in District Plans?
- Why did Southern Heights Elementary School close? Why is the Southern Heights Site reopening to host other schools?
- Why did the Evergreen groundbreaking happen several months before the groundbreaking event for Tyee High School?
- When will the new Evergreen, Tyee and Pacific schools open and where will students attend school during construction?
- How is the Olympic Interim Site being used?
- Have the new Evergreen, Tyee, and Pacific schools been designed?
- When will other older schools be replaced and why does it take so long to rebuild aging schools for our students?
- Will the district sell the old Des Moines Elementary site for new view construction?
- Are the Moshier Field improvements part of the Highline High School project or a City of Burien project?
- Are the new HHS tennis courts open for public use?
- Is the stained-glass pirate re-installed in the main entrance of Highline High School?
- When did the new Highline High School open for occupancy?
- Why wasn't it feasible to preserve just the center portion of the original HHS facade in place?
- HHS Facade Key Facts
- Why couldn’t we save the facade of Highline High School?
- Is there an auto shop or wood shop at the rebuilt Highline High School?