If you have a question about Highline Public Schools 2016 bond projects, progress or future planning, please ask. We will respond to you personally and post answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Please email your questions to:
- If a November bond goes on the ballot and is approved, when would the new Evergreen, Tyee and Pacific schools open?
- What schools are at the Olympic Site now that the new Highline High School has opened? Are there future plans to use it as an interim site again?
- Why is Southern Heights Elementary School closing?
- Why aren't Evergreen, Tyee and Pacific schools on the list of 10 older schools that still need to be prioritized for future school bonds?
- Have the new Evergreen, Tyee, and Pacific schools been designed?
- When will the next school bond for Evergreen, Tyee and Pacific appear on a ballot?
- When will other older schools be replaced and why does it take so long to rebuild aging schools for our students?
- Will the district sell the old Des Moines Elementary site for new view construction?
- Why is Moshier Field and the parking lot partially closed and under construction? What is the status of this City of Burien improvement project?
- Are the new HHS tennis courts open for public use?
- Is the stained-glass pirate re-installed in the main entrance of Highline High School?
- When did the new Highline High School open for occupancy?
- Why wasn't it feasible to preserve just the center portion of the original facade in place?
- HHS Facade Key Facts
- Why couldn’t we save the facade of Highline High School?
- Is there an auto shop or wood shop at the rebuilt Highline High School?