The 2016 bond included funds to jumpstart the designs of Evergreen and Tyee high schools and Pacific Middle School. The first step was to select architects for each school. Done!
We advertised this spring for architectural firms to submit their qualifications to provide design services for these three schools. Nine firms responded. We interviewed three firms for Evergreen and Tyee high schools, and two firms for Pacific Middle School.
- Evergreen High School--Bassetti Architects
- Tyee High School--Integrus Architecture
- Pacific Middle School--Hutteball + Oremus Architecture
- Contracts will be negotiated with these firms to start the schematic design phase of each project.
- Building design committees will be formed this fall.
- A future school bond will need to be approved to complete the design process for the three schools and pay for construction.