CFAC Plans for Future School Bonds
We have some open seats on our community-led Capital Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC). Add your name to the lottery by September 26 if you live in Highline and are serious about helping prioritize 11 older schools for future bonds.
The schools that remain to be prioritized for future school bonds are:
- Beverly Park Elementary School
- Big Picture Middle & High School (Manhattan site)
- Cascade Middle School
- Chinook Middle School
- CHOICE Academy (Woodside site)
- Hilltop Elementary School
- New Start High School
- Seahurst Elementary School
- Southern Heights Elementary School
- Sylvester Middle School
- Valley View Early Learning Center
(Evergreen, Tyee and Pacific schools have already been recommended for the next school bond.)
Attend approximately four (4) 2-hour meetings this school year, if needed, plus school tours for any members who are interested and available. We expect meetings and tours to be in person if possible, however a Zoom option will be available for the meetings this year.
- Wednesday, September 29, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Central Office
- Wednesday, October 27, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
— Tour and meet at the new Highline High School
- October - January: school tours of some of the older schools, to be scheduled
- Wednesday, February 23, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Central Office
- Wednesday, March 30, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Central Office
- Wednesday, April 27, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. (hold date, if needed)
Half of the CFAC members are residents chosen periodically by lottery and half are appointed by local community organizations, district labor unions and local governments. Find out more about CFAC meetings and membership.
Read the May 26 CFAC meeting summary.
If you would like to enter your name in the CFAC lottery, please fill out this form by Sunday, September 26 at 9:00 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact Rosie Eades in Communications at 206-631-3094.
Next Steps for Lottery & CFAC
A lottery drawing will be held on Monday, September 27, at Central Office at 4:00 p.m. You are welcome to attend and watch. If so, please contact Rosie Eades in Communications at 206-631-3094.
Those selected for open seats in one of the four boundary areas for Evergreen, Highline, Mount Rainier or Tyee high schools will be contacted by telephone and email following the lottery drawing.
CFAC members will convene on Wednesday, September 29, then tour some schools this fall and winter, and recommend a priority list by next spring.
Photos of CFAC Members