We are excited to announce that work began at Evergreen High School to install a synthetic turf field on Monday, February 3.
We share the frustration with the months of delay to receive permission to start work. We are happy to move forward with the long-awaited new field. The facility will be lighted, and the field will be lined for soccer and football.
Here is information about the project and impacts:
- Work began: February 3, 2020
- Anticipated completion date: July 1, 2020
- Relocation of athletic practices and competitions:
- Evergreen-Tyee Co-op Track will practice at Glacier Middle School this spring, with bus transportation to Glacier and back to Evergreen and Tyee.
- We do not expect construction to affect other sports.
- Areas closed to students during construction will be clearly marked. We will alert students to on-going changes to walking paths.
We are grateful for the following grants totaling $700,000 to help fund the $1.84 million synthetic turf field and $423,500 lighting project:
$450,000 from two King County Parks' Youth and Amateur Sports grants
$250,000 from the NFL Foundation Grassroots Program and the Local Initiative Support Corporation (LISC)
The remaining costs will be covered with Highline Public Schools’ non-bond capital funds.